Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 2008...an update..

It has been 2 years plus that I had my scoliosis surgery... & I'm doing ok...
My last check up was back at the end of July with Dr. Boachie and all looked good. My spine is still very crooked(60 degree curve) and makes me wince when I look at the x rays. But it is better than it was(95 degrees) before. I still get scared from time to time that it will start to move more crooked but try not to think those thoughts.. on a bad day, I can.....but I mostly have good days and those thoughts are few....


All in all, it was such a huge couple of operations that zapped my body & mind for a long time. It did take me quite a while to have a passion for my life again. And I found it hard to get back to the many things I loved to do in the past. Maybe it was depression, and maybe just a tiredness within from all that went on...but I was not the same as I was before....
Little by little, I felt better as time went on and I got back to the things I loved. I finally felt recovered!!!!
Anyone that is going through these operations can always drop me their email & I will be happy to help you thru it all. It was hard but I made it and I'm all better!

-----------Lynne

1 comment:

bell7777 said...

how about wearing bras? I had spinal fusion surgery in 2004. I was fine up until this year. I can't seem to wear a bra. I started wearing more expensive bras from victoria's secret and after awhile that didn't work. I did how ever discover that the racerback bra was great because your straps don't fall down. however now its the actual band that goes around my back of the bra that is irritating me.