Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Giving blood means I'm almost ready to go????

Ok so I had my first blood donation yesterday.. I was a tiny bit nervous about it but it really was a piece of cake...The technician did explain to me I must keep my Iron up since it has to be above 11 for blood to be taken & I was 12.9 this time... Only thing that really bothered me last night was how tight the bandage was around my arm.. geez, I felt like it was affecting my circulation...& sun of a gun, when I finally took it off I could breath better & my chest stopped hurting...
Ok. so we do it again next Monday & the one after & then I'm ready & waiting at that point for surgery...
At this point, I am still on my vacation high & mostly happy & carefree. Still I had some scary thoughts this morning riding to the grocery store. I had to slip in my Lettermen CD, (Someday & Summerplace songs) again to calm me... & it worked, thank god........................LY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st time I've seen your blog. Love the pics, especially your garden. I love gardening & hummingbirds are my favorite. I can see one outside my window right now. They live year-round here & all flowers in my yard attract them. On rare occasions one may come and drink from the feeder as I'm holding it. Wishing you a successful surgery & recovery (with your awesome dr. I'm sure it will be!) Take care,
Renee (Flowerpower)

lynne said...

Whenever I'm a bit down about all of this, these little hummingbirds cheer me up...even my husband can't wait until they visit!!!Ly