Monday, September 18, 2006

I can drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I went driving in the Jeep!!! I turned the key in the ignition & backed down our steep driveway! My 2 little men watched me from the front door...they looked very concerned yet clapped! My husband took a peak too! I felt good..a bit taller & a bit confined in my brace but I so wanted to DRIVE!!!! I got down the driveway & took off thru the neighborhood, waving to those I knew!!!!! 10 minutes later, I came home feeling like a new woman....I did it!
I plan on driving only within my town borders for now....but what a feeling of independence...& I have a full tank of gas....yea!!!! Tomorrow, who knows, maybe the Library!!!-------------------Ly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Lynne... I find it amazing how much we improve in such a short amount of time.

Anonymous said...

I drove last week for the first time, too, Lynn. It was just up to the credit union, but I was so excited. It went just fine, and I've driven a few times since--just stiff and slow getting in and out or trying to turn to see behind.

Deb
Cakedec

Anonymous said...

YEA LYNNE!! You go girl, today the neighborhood tomorrow the world! You have achieved one of your many milestones. Suzy

Anonymous said...

What did you do, drive off and forget those of us who rely on your blog for much needed support and comic relief?

Update girl, update!

(Unless you're out living your life or something :)).

Laura @SuperGlueMom @MOMables said...

Update Lynne!! I just found out yesterday that i too will probably be getting surgery someday in the next 5yrs!! pllllzzzeee!!

Jessica said...

I found your blog through a Google search about scoliosis...I'm trying to make the difficult decision about surgery. Not sure if you check this blog anymore, but I'd love to hear an update on how you're doing. Your words here have been a real source of comfort for me.