Saturday, April 22, 2006

Good timing........

I have to believe I have 2 of the fattest squirrels in town, in my yard. They hang from the bird feeder in my crab apple tree until every little seed is gone. Then the deer come and camp out... Nothing left for the birds. As the trees fill in with their leaves, the squirrel & deer will move into the woods and I can again, watch the chickadees, cardinals & song birds visit the feeder... I am planning to add a hummingbird feeder in the backyard by the patio so I can catch more sightings of those speedy guys... They love my butterfly bushes & trumpet flower vines but they zip by so fast, I've yet to see them up close..
Lots of work to be done in the garden here but I am taking it slow..no need to hurt myself now..Last Spring I was quite a bit more active in the yard..many aches & pains to prove it...Now I try to sit more & look at my achievements. There is that little rock wall I created 3 years ago...and new garden area by the fence I dug...
Probably things I should'nt have done.....but no regrets here..
I am satisfied to have my Spring,Summer(half it anyway..)to enjoy before the operations.. Good timing?? I think so! By August, Mom's 80th birthday will have been celebrated, the niece's graduation parties will have been enjoyed...many beach visits will have been made, vacations will be over...and I will be ready to get my body make-over in NYCity. Timing is everything....! Ly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog here! Please check operation. Join us in an effort to help this child and his mom.