Tuesday, April 25, 2006

When I feel I'm slipping down into funk-land.......



When I start to get real sad about this whole thing & it's just gets too overwhelming at times,......I put on my old record player & start playing some old records...60's stuff...I can't be sad when I hear the Beach Boys! The old 'Best of the Lettermen'album with 'There's a Summer Place' makes me take a deep breath & sit back. How many people still have 'Meet The Beatles' & 'The Best of Peter& Gordon'albums with original cover & no skips???? Ha!
As the Lettermen now sing in there song...Smile....what's the use of crying...you'll find that life is still worthwhile if you just...smile....
Then the other thing to do when I'm real sad is to go shopping! I really really, could use a new pair of good sneakers...& maybe a plant or 2 when I pass by the farm???!!I'm on way up the hill from funk-land now.....that was a close one but I made it out! On with the beautiful day..........Ly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up Lynne. Dance to those Beach Boys records like there's no tomorrow! I know how you feel but you can't let it get the best of you. Hang in there.

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynnie,
Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you will be busy in May and June so the time will go by fast! Keep smilin', Luv ya,
Christine
**I like your blog & pictures!