Friday, September 08, 2006

1st post-op appointment....what a relief!!!!

Yesterday morning my husband & I went to NYC for my first post-op appointment! I was quite nervous as was to be expected! I was concerned how well I would hold up what with the long car ride(2hrs,turned out to be a bit longer with traffic...) to the city. I brought 2 comfy pillows and my big ice pack! I was prepared! Thankgod for the supplies because I needed the relief by my surgeon's appointment which was 1:30....Luckily I got into a waiting room by 2:00 or so and I could take my brace off & lie down until Dr. Boachie & Dr. Kim came in! Hooray! I did standing x-rays and all looked good...although I was in shock on seeing my own spine with screws in it....ouch!!! I really think I'd rather not see x-rays at the 3 month appointment..may I close my eyes?????
I almost cried on seeing my Doctors, but I held up.... Everytime I think of my much deformed back now being normal....I tear up.....they are wonderful & I will never forget what they have done for me.....I am finally feeling like myself again...just a better me! Time to walk....... LY---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. You really have come a long way in a relatively short period of time. I agree, seeing your spine with rods, and screws (and in my case, cages) is difficult to wrap your mind around. It really gives you a new found respect for your surgeons and their impeccable skills, doesn't it?