Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The start of my Recovery...........

Here I am now at 4 weeks post-op and actually feeling quite chipper today! I really have not felt much up to adding anything to my blog for quite a while since it means sitting for a length of time. I will be quite honest....as a another post-op woman on the forum has said..."it ain't no walk in the park" this recovery thing,...& I thought of that many a day in the last few weeks. This has all been a very humbling experience. It has taken most of my mental & physical strength to deal with the ups & downs of it all. One day I feel pretty good & the next day I don't feel so good....The pain has, for the most part, been fairly tolerable and I now am only taking one pain med, percoset, as I need to. I have never been a pill taker so I tend to make a nasty face every time I must take more pills... My goal is to be off the heavy stuff sometime next month. But for now I do what I must do to control the aches & pains. I mean, hey, it's major surgery here, so my body has to heal. I try and be a good patient and rest whenever I feel fatigued. Friends & family say how fast I am recovering so I try to stay positive. My appetite has been fairly good yet I crave certain foods at times. Today I am craving Mallow Mars... I do think I'll have my husband check for them on his next shopping day!
My men have come thru with shining colors! If I decide to stay in bed for dinner, they deliver my food to me. The boys are making their beds,most days. Something they never did before. The older of my 2 sons is vacuuming when I ask him! My loving husband has taken the most on by grocery shopping, cooking,cleaning & doing laundry. I cried the other day when he put my sneakers on & tied them so I could go out for a walk....pain meds make you emotional! Everything I worried about with the home & my family seems to have all worked out. I'm so proud of them! Why did I worry?
My friends....well I cannot even tell you how much they have helped me to get thru the hard part of this recovery. Friends have called me just about every day to take my boys to the movies,to their houses to play etc. People have brought me flowers & brought us food.....It has been so amazing....I am so thankful to everyone.
You can never have enough friends.....................Lynne------ more later.....

1 comment:

lynne said...

I'm still here....just exhausted!!!!!!!!