Monday, August 14, 2006

Feelin' somewhat like myself again......

I seem to be bouncing back at a nice pace.....
Kessler is a fine facility & the nurses are great people.....I even snuck a Briar's Rootbeer from their staff fridge to go with dinner & the kid working the snackbar let me take it for free(I got no money on me!) Seems the good stuff like that is for the nurses & Dr.s, staff, I guess....but I was desperate....told him I had massive back surgery & got his sympathy........then raced out with my wheelchair..............yea, I zip around in my wheelchair all day when they don't chase after me for P.T... They actually search the place for ya if you are'nt in class by 5 min.s of...........geeez!!!
Oh by the way in case my back craps out on me(though just had pain meds), as far as height goes, I'm a giant.... seems I gained at least 2 inches...although to add to it, I've been on my back a lot so ya know the gravity thing & all...seems to be I'm 5'6" or 5'7"..On check out from the hospital with my Dr. I asked him as I stood face to face with him how tall he was..he said 5'9".I asked him do ya think I'm 5'9" & he said "maybe!"
One assistant/nurse came in & he said he needed to make me more comfortable since I looked so uncomfortable...he said someone so tall as me should'nt be dragging her feet over the bed rail! I love this man! Plus he was damned cute! Which brings me to the P.T. personnel of HSS hospital in great NYC... They were all great looking people & exceptionally nice. Two of the guys(about 25) brought me into the bathroom on my first ever after surgery walk & they, I thought would leave me there for privacy issues....no way, they hung out while...I was too drugged to care & they were too gorgeous...Plus the bathroom also had a million dollar view overlooking the East River & it was Sat or Sun(don't remember) & the boaters were passing by one after another......so I waved & cheered....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynne
I am so glad that you feel this well after surgery. I bet you are looking forward to going home. Congrats on your growth in height.
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Wow Lynne, 3 inches! That is unbelievable. I am so HAPPY for you! I'm jealous I only got 1"! LOL! Keep up the great recovery. Best wishes, Suzy

Anonymous said...

Lynn, you are so funny -- I wonder if the folks on the boats saw you waving to them from your throne in the hospital bathroom -- !

That's fantastic that you got so much height back. Keep up the good work!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Lynnie,
I feel like I should be saying "Happy Birthday" to you. I am so proud of you--you are a beautiful woman-inside and out!
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lynne. You must look and feel amazing. Best of luck with your recovery. With your positive and cheerful attitude, I bet you'll be feeling great in no time.
-JamieAnn

Anonymous said...

Yay for cuties cuz they sure as heck don't leave you alone...lol

Glad to hear you are doing so great Lynne!

Kat :)

lynne said...

thks for all your comments & support......!!! Lynne