Thursday, April 06, 2006

Coastin' along..........

Yeah, I'm coastin' along pain free & happy... Spring is in the air although a little chilly in the northeast. 4 months to go & I think the pace is picking up. I'm busier..good! I'm happier with the winter over..good! I have'nt had any dreams(nightmares)of surgery for a long time. A while back I'd wake up some mornings(ok-many) seeing my Dr. looking over me-- augghh! Now he's gone! As long as he's back for the real thing. Today I went to Kessler rehab. facility and they want me to work there a couple days a week. Since they know I love cooking & baking, they want me to teach a few groups of patients some recipes....another good thing as Martha Stewart would say! They know I'll have surgery in August so that's all cool. They said I could come back after I'm better. Funny thing is I'll probablygo there as a patient right after surgery if I qualify. At least I'll know the people & facility!
My best girlfriend Rachel fom high school says she read that after a major crisis/problem in your life, there is a present at the end of it. I can't wait for mine. This whole thing is a life test on patience/endurance & mental strength...so maybe I got my present already??? The test is'nt over yet but I'm working hard & staying a float......Ly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi lynnie. found you blog. You'll be a new straight woman after this.
Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the present is yet either but when it's all said and done, I'm sure I'll be thankful for whatever it might be even if just being straighter and pain free is it.
I love my new body and couldn't ask for more. :)

Take care,
Kat

Anonymous said...

my present was (other than being pain free)getting married five months after that lovely body cast was removed - i'm sure some remember the nine months in that cast! Just celebrated this past Sunday our 24th anniversary and my husband is still as supportive as he was back then.