Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More on my Hummingbirds...I'll take the good luck...



If I get up really early, say, 5:00 or so, like I did this morning, I have a chance to catch the hummingbirds at the feeder for their breakfast...Yes, now their are two of them, maybe more..
So I researched these beautiful, speedy birds...
Seems they need to eat from 2000 flowers a day to survive & to go thru the night, they slow down their metabolic rate & go into a kind of hibernation. The hum of their tiny wings is music to people's ears..Each kind of Hummingbird's wings hum at a different note on the musical scale.. Hummingbirds bring the gift of joy! They are a 'good luck' messenger, taking our prayers to the Great Creator. They are doctor & healer..The Hummingbird has the power to travel long distance under great odds & obstacles........ this from "Spirits of the Earth"...
I really like that!!....................................Ly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cooool!!!

Anonymous said...

very cool site-M--