Saturday, February 25, 2006

fortitude....

Well I have been bakin' away.. more & more biscotti & I created a few new flavors! Seems this place appreciates my talents. So it's not Emeril's place but it's a start! I just wish my back would'nt ache so much. It has been bothering me since last night when I was out at a friend's house. My mistake, I did'nt grab the couch in time & ended up on a straight back chair..not good for my spine. Tonight it still hurts & I think I'll need my herbal heating pad again. Hubby, Bill has started to call me granny....yikes!
Lately, it seems that I have become quite accepting of the whole scheme of things to come. I have stopped waking up at 5:00 am. & instead can't get up. I have been baking up a storm & Bill has been gaining weight! I am inspired now to paint the bedroom...& other projects. My new outlook on all of this has made me more positive & happy! I have wonderful boys & a loving husband! They will be fine through all of this....this I now know. This will be a very big challenge for all of us but now I feel we can handle it. Yes, I still have moments of doubt but not as bad.. The length of time I am under anesthesia scares me . All the pain killers, side effects of, scare me( I rarely ever take a Tylenol for anything). No appetite scares me(I love good food..& drink..) The Morning of Surgery scares me... do they put me out right away or do I sit there waiting for my Doctor & staff to get their coffees & donuts???these things I think of now.
I also get concerned about my Doctor. Will he be in great shape the day of my surgery? Will he have had enough sleep the night before since I could take 8 hours or more? a selfish concern, I know!!! I have even had more silly thought but that's enough...for tonight...
But now, at least, I don't plan on losing to much sleep over all off this cause what would that do for me?? Notin'......................ly

3 comments:

WarpedWoman said...

Hey Lynne - it's good you try not to take tablets - means he stuff you will have to take after surgery will work better!

I intend doing an entry on my blog to describe the process in hospital leading up to the op, but in a nutshell, they told me the day before approximately what time I would go down. If you are nervous they will give you a mild sedative so please don'y worry too much about that!

Take care - and keep going with the biscotti - thay sound great!

Anonymous said...

Lynnie,

I'm glad that you are feeling so much more postitive about everything. I know for a fact that your attitutde plays a key role in the outcome of things. I have been praying for you and I think it's great that you are keeping busy with your baking. You're the best.

Love,

Rachel

Anonymous said...

you sound better everyday! keep positive...you go girl!!! kate