Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So my husband informed me last night he'll do the laundry once a week or every 2 weeks when I'm disabled this summer. Does he have any clue how much laundry is done here?Is he kidding??No, of course not...don't sweat the small stuff I tell myself.
My mom also informed him that he will see her way too much this summer/fall. Can you see my 79 yr old mother cleaning my toilets?? AUgghh! She is in great shape but please!!!! I know my husband won't clean them. Anyway, I know I won't be thking of that kind of stuff when I come home from surgery...
I did just get a p/t job yesterday. I'll be doing some baking for a gourmet deli by me. They liked my biscotti. This is will be a good thing & keep me more busy for now. In the future, after I get through with this challenge, I'd like to find a way to help others who have similar operations that leave them helpless & dependent on others. Maybe I could volunteer my cooking services or do laundry or grocery shop....
Just thought I'd mention that I found a internet site on scoliosis & it had a woman's story about her decision to have the surgery. It was a very- very detailed account of her hospital stay. What tubes were in her etc...... I pretty much skipped much of it. I like Spine whine's diary of it all....was more acceptable to me...................Ly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would also like to do something positive when this is all over. I think there are more people like me out there, single parents, facing surgery, scared of what to do when they get home. I also thought about doing show and tells...lol
Kidding. But seriously, go to schools, talk to teens about what scoliosis can do if left untreated and the years of pain you face if you don't get the help you need when young.

But I really want to do stuff for surgery patients. Cooking, shopping, cleaning. It would be therapeutic for me.

Kat