Monday, March 13, 2006

Patience..I say...

I think I have been handling all this surgery stuff fairly well. Of course I think of it every day whether it be early morning or late at night but I don't dwell on it..
But today was different.. I don't know if it was the warm weather making me feel like spring here or just that I feel I've almost reached the halfway mark of waiting. Have patience, I say to myself..& myself says stick it! I always was a patient person but today I am not! I seem to want to rush thru the next few months & Just Get This Over With! But I really don't want to rush thru Spring & part of the Summer without thoroughly enjoying it..I do want time to prepare & get in shape. So let me summarize this: I want the next 4 months or so to get things together & enjoy my freedom to go where I want to, do what I want but I want the operation day after tomorrow...? YES! It's just the waiting that sucks! My cousin was so right!
I emailed the nurse today to try & set up the June testing day. I also asked her to see if the Doctor could just give me some clue as to where I'll be fused. I want to be an L-4 or I'll take an L-5 at the lowest...please... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I guess at this point, I just want to know I'm not just another number to be called in. I won't even see my Doctor until July 27th for the pre-op & questions which is 5 days before I go in.. I really -really want most all of my questions answered before then. Even if I give the nurse a headache.... that's the way I feel...no patience! Ly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynne,
I don't know about others but being fused to the sacrum (s-1) is actually a good thing. I have zero pain. None. The pain I do have is surgical but all my scoli pain is GONE.
I think if they had stopped before the sacrum, I'd still have lower back pain.

But do get in shape, do enjoy yourself.
I had less than a month to get ready. Seriously. I had like 3 weeks notice of my surgery date and then it was craziness after that.

I just want you to know that I am doing great, that things are going well. The hardest part is the first couple weeks at home and then it truly does get easier.I feel tons better every single day. :)

Kat