Monday, March 06, 2006

things I'd like to do before surgery.......

Bill just told me I should read Atlas Shrugged while I'm recovering from surgery. auughhh! I know it's a great piece of work but I think I'll look for something a little shorter...thks Bill...

things I'd like to do before surgery:

1 go to the beach...alot...
2. go on the rollercoaster by the beach with my boys
3. go to France ( only in my dreams, but my niece is there so I can look at her pictures & live
vicariously thru her)
4. learn French
5. ride my bike to Jen's house...up hill...
6. ride my bike anywhere
7. see lots of baseball games..(too many..)
8. work in my garden for hours
9. rollerblade (yes, I'll wear my helmet, mom)
10 Drink lots of red wine...
11. go to many, many restaurants far & near
12 watch David Letterman monalogues
13. Drink lots of white wine...
14. Have Turkish food.....I never have
15. Go to Niagara Falls (Bill told me to put that in since that's where he's taking us...)
16. Go to Cooperstown,Ny on our way to Niagara Falls.. to see theBaseball Hall of Fame...everyone should see that before surgery(somehow I don't think that is for me) . Bill told me to put that in...

things I'd like to do after surgery this August...


1. Be thankful for my life..
2. sleep well..
3. walk well..without a walker...
4. laugh without hurting myself
5. learn french (I'll be fluent )
6. look at my beach pictures
7. play board games with my boys
8. walk downstairs, & out the back door to look at my garden & hummingbirds...
9. read...I have a long list...that's another countdown...
10. watch movies...I have a long list........that's another countdown...
11. stay positive...that should be #1
12. record David Letterman monologue to watch( when I can laugh without
hurting myself...)
13. rent some good comedy movies (ditto...)
14. send notes to all my family & friends for their support...

4 comments:

WarpedWoman said...

Ah, another list maker...Lynne we must be related - hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Let's find the Turkish restaurant and meet there soon !!! Kristi

Anonymous said...

kristi,
there's a turkish rest. close by...we'll get there soon--ly

Anonymous said...

I've got a few books lined up for you & movies too! It will go so fast now. -Barb