Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Decision time..........

I talked to the Dr.'s nurse yesterday on the phone. Asked her about a surgery for August... She said they are up to booking march and april now. Did I thk she'd say we are booked forAugust??? maybe?? I did'nt know what to say. She said "talk to your family & then decide". When I asked how much they could correct my curve, she said everyone's different, they really can't tell until they open you up. I do know that after meeting my Dr.just once, I intuitively feel I have fallen into the best surgical hands there are. I had 2 signs that lead me to his office in last month. My boys Dr. had noticed my back early this summer,& said she had a patient who's mom had surgery by him and was doing well. She got his phone # for me. I really did'nt think I would call... A couple weeks later, I turned on Good Morning America for the weather & there was a Dr. & a little girl he had helped . Seemed she had a severe scoliosis case... His name sounded like the one my kids Dr. gave me. I ran down to the computer & typed it in...it was!!! I feel that some force, spirit, angels, god, whatever, got me to move my butt on this issue & get checked. I was just scared to go cause I knew it was'nt gonna be pretty!!! Thank god, I stopped being a coward & did it. Now the next step is really much harder. I feel like I'm diving off a cliff! I've never been a good decision maker & now the decision of all decisions...needs to be made. & I think I'm coming around...

No comments: