Thursday, January 05, 2006

my very own blog! 1st note...my opener

Hi all! Like anyone but me is reading this?! This will be my therapy....my journal of da spine!
Let me give you a little backround of what brought me to this crooked point in my life. At about 15, I was diagnosed with scoliosis. I went with my parents to NY Medical to see Dr. Engler(what a nice man he was-wonder if he is still living. Looked him up on the internet but no luck. Geez, he's got to be 80...) Anyhow, the answer was I needed a back brace. We went to Monsey,NJ to have a milwaukee brace made. Casted on my bod.....what an experience! Yuk! I wore it for about 2 years. It was kind of rough cause I had teeth braces too & all that metal on my body made me nervous in lightning storms. I did play tennis (on the High school team) with my brace. Learned a really cool backhand too! My highlight of the brace memories was having an hour out every day in the summer to swim-yippee! I also rememer Brian whatever, after a tennis match, putting his arm around me and feeling that solid hip. What a woman!
That's all I remember of that. The brace went in the garbage & I went on to college. It was said my curves balanced each other!
Well I went along livin' my life. Which I must say has been really good. I have a great husband & 2 really cute boys. they are 7 & 10. I would'nt change a thing... but I gotta tell you, that second pregnancy knocked my spine out a whack. That was 6 years ago. That's when I started feeling the old crooked spine ache. I belive that's when I lost height. Pregnancy does take its toll on us women. I made the right decision to hold at 2......& I could'nt be any happier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you :-) check out this emo boy one at this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com