Friday, January 27, 2006

Exercise with a smile!

I stated my' walk' program yesterday. My girlfriend, who was a physician's assistant(ironically!) prior to having her kids, decided to go with me. We bundled up & ventured out into the windy winter weather of NJ! I felt so good when I got home, it was invigorating!
I have this enormous craving to do everything(within reason) physically, that I can fit in-in the next 7 mths! Is that about all I have,already??? I want to cross country ski again...I wanna rollerblade this spring....I want to sky-dive(ok-I won't do that this spring or next for that matter) I want to walk, walk, walk everywhere!!! God knows I'll be sitting on my butt after this operation for a while reading,watching tv, reading....in pain! Ouch! & I thought root canal was bad. I actually never had pain with root canal....
I got a copy of my insurance predetermination sent to me & I had to gasp! It listed all the hardware that was needed for the op! It sounded like the list my carpenter would need to work on the house! cement,screws, metal rods???tell me know more!!! As long as I don't rust, I'll be ok...or squeak like the tin man.
My boys always like friends over to play. One boy from my son's class came over the other day. When the mom picked him up, she asked when my son could come over. I really wanted to say-AUGUST!!! SEPTEMBER!!! But I did'nt.... But I know my good friends with kids will help me out at that time. I hope.......
Oh, one other note...my husband on pouring a glass of wine last night, reminded me I'd better enjoy the cabernet now!!! Believe me, I'm not a heavy drinker but I do like my cabernet sauvignon when I do up my special dinner recipes...tonight I'm making beef bourgignon. you can't have that without wine!!!! LEL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep smiling & keep your chin up!