Monday, January 23, 2006

I don't know why I'm so happy & sad.....

My mom turns 80 this spring! My oldest sister has organized a mini get-away for the 4 of us to Maryland in June. It will be a nice surprise for my mom. My sister thought it would be good timing for me too before the August surgery. It's funny, but I can't remember the last time the 4 of us were together (without the men & kids). It will be nice.
My husband is also busy planning some trips for me & the kids before August comes. Maybe a cross country skiing & sledding trip to start. And I'm sure he'll find some other destinations to take us to after that... we'll be busy!
Today, I fell into a bit of a funk around mid-day. I think I heard a song that struck a chord & made me teary. It was a rainy, crummy day, of course. Though it was'nt long before I felt 'up' again. I just presume Ill have all different emotions throughout the next few months. Certain times, I just get so scared about the whole thing. My cousin who had an operation last summer said waiting sucks......& today I have to agree..................

No comments: