Saturday, January 14, 2006

set the date........

My boys & a friend are doing a sleepover tonight. All I hear is them laughing in the next room at Madagascar on the tv. My husband's enjoying it too, with his eyes closed.
I really do feel so much better. There's no pain in my side anymore. I slept great the last 2 nights. I guess I feel my back dilemma is resolved. I called this past Friday & left a message for the nurse that I was good to go for August whenever... pick a lucky date! Now it went thru my mind that it's vacation time in August & I hope all the important medical personnel would be there. Otherwise, I'm flexible..I don't want any substitutes if you know what I mean. Whatever's good for my Doctor, & I'll be there. So I'll probably hear back next week with a date to mark on my calendar.
So today I was observing how often I bend down for whatever... I bend picking up all the dirty clothes that have been dropped on the floor. There's a piece of brownie I pick up. All the old newspapers I grab. I have to pick up Brett's matchbox cars or I'll kill myself trying to walk thru the den. It's really gonna be hard not to bend! Then I thought of the things I could do when I'm recovering. I used to sketch. Maybe I'll be able to do that. Just have to move my hand-right? That should be ok. I could try knitting again if there's a left handed friend that could refresh my memory on it. I'll start to jot down some movies I must see or see again.... Breakfast at Tiffany's( I love audrey hepburn movies) Giant with Elizabeth Taylor,rock hudson, James Dean. Will keep my blockbuster card ready for future use. I have a feeling my guitar will be rough to hold early on so perhaps later in my recovery...
In the next few months I will hopeful prepare, at least in my mind, what I need to do before I'm out of commission for a while. I think I'll start to meditate........that will help!

No comments: